Although concrete is extremely durable, it is still important to care for and maintain concrete. Below are a few tips that can help prolong the life of concrete.
- During the first winter, do not apply deicing chemicals or salt. If needed, it is recommended to use sand for traction.
- Do not use any deicers containing ammonium sulphate or ammonium nitrate on concrete. They can be sold and labeled as “deicers” but still contain these harmful chemicals.
- Try your best to keep your concrete clean of snow and ice at all times.
- Protect your concrete from liquid fertilizers used for lawn treatment.
- Do not use harsh acids for stain removal. Use products designed for concrete stain removal.
- Any additional resealing of concrete will help maintain the beauty while also helping to protect against salts, fertilizers, and other harmful products from penetrating the concrete surface.